Saturday, February 28, 2009

Onion-esque

Tonight I finally saw "The Onion" movie and as a big fan of the videos/articles on their site, I got inspired to write a little story of my own...You like?

Normally Funny Man Disappoints

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - A cashier at the local Five-Dollar Store left work disappointed Thursday as an area man known for his humor didn't impress her. Nineteen-year-old Megan Woods said she was approached just after 4 PM by John Tankers who is known by store associates as "Johnny Jokes." The distraught cashier told the police "He's normally funny, but today I didn't even smile."

EBS News scored the first interview with Woods as she told the brave story of how she overcame this tragedy.

"As he approached me, I could see the look on his face, I knew he was going to try to tell a joke," Woods spoke softly. "He asked me if we take Hawaiian money and I told him no because we were in California. That's when he started laughing and saying it was American money, I was devastated."

Area police have yet to announce any formal charges for Tankers as they are still investigating this comedic assault.

4 comments:

Doug C. said...

This is hilarious. You should do more of them.

thatzak said...

LOL this actually does sound like The Onion. Good job!

Cade said...

Totally want to see the Onion cover this story! XD

Anonymous said...

SEO
ry handy, thanx a lot for this blog -- Thuis was what I was looking for.