Sunday, March 15, 2009

You're grounding me?

You may have seen my tweet earlier today, "I'm 22 years old and I am grounded :("

Basically the conversation went like this,

Me: Really? You're grounding me?
Me: Yes, absolutely.
Me: I'm 22 years old!

I've grounded myself. Yes, in a rare and weird twist, I'm grounding myself. And here is how it's going to go down.

One month ago when I returned from California on february 15th, I set a goal of having a new job in one month, tomorrow I officially fail on achieving that goal so there is only one solution...ground myself. I have a tendency to stay up too late and that leads to me sleeping in and not having time to look for another job before going to my crappy job, instead I only have time on my days off. So starting tomorrow night the internet goes off and I go to bed by 1 AM, NO EXCEPTIONS...except weekends LOL!

In addition, I'm grounding myself from ANY and ALL unneccessary spending. This means when I'm at work and feel like snacking - NOPE. When I see a cool poster, item, whatever - CAN'T BUY IT NO MATTER WHAT.

This way, not only am I going to quickly secure a much better and higher paying job, but with no unneccessary spending, I'll be saving and paying off college debt much faster.

This is only phase one of my grounding. I'm already preparing harsher punishments that I'll be implementing soon if neccessary. If too much time goes by without getting another job, I will be totally eliminating my internet usage until I do. I've got other things in the works, so I hope I get another job soon, cuz while this whole thing is rather cheesy, I'm determined and if you know me, you know I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to these types of things.

Wish me luck!!

18 comments:

Dan said...

um. I support you?

Unknown said...

very good life decision! tho i better still be able to talk to you. most of our chats happen between 2:30-5am

Bainbro2 said...

Great idea... I think its time to ground myself too.

ohmynicoley said...

and no dessert either mister!
=P
;]

Justin said...

Finally, you're taking my advice. When has my advice ever gone astray? I have always wished you luck and i will continue to do so. The future definitely looks bright for you Daniel

thatzak said...

I could probably use some self discipline, I need a job too. Hopefully, grounding yourself leads to you getting a job really soon.

Whitney said...

*SUPPORTS*
...*sigh* why am i supporting grounding? this isnt right!

Anonymous said...

Daniel, This is one of the boldest moves i have seen by anybody ever. Children should look up to your wiseness and think about their own worth ethics and say, I want to be like alwaystextback.

Garnet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willdabeast said...

GOOD LUCK!

i support you 100% man!

Anonymous said...

Daniel. I wish you the best of luck, and leave you this Anonymous saying entitled "You Mustn't Quit":

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest! If you must-but never quit.
Life is queer, with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might of won if he'd stuck it out;
Stick to your task, though the pace seems slows-
You may succeed with one more blow.

Success is failure turned inside out-
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt-
And you may never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
It's when things seem worse that YOU MUSN'T QUIT.

Anonymous said...

...woah.

i wish you the best of luck.

Mallory Shoemaker said...

i believe in you, friend! you can do this!

Anonymous said...

way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

This was really clever. Good luck in your search for a new job. That's good that you are showing some discipline. But don't get too down on yourself if finding a better job takes awhile. It's not exactly a nice economic environment for finding a new job.

vero_rex said...

i ground myself too. =)
its a great way to stay
on track. i feel so adult
now. lmao.... i really dont..
good luck on your goal! =)

pppp said...

i dont know how i feel about this..i think i dont support it.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I found this blog randomly, but I enjoy how thought provoking your words are. I hope you update soon.cap sleeve wedding dress Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Heels Column Wedding Dresses