Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ahh inspiration

I've mentioned a few times that I've had a hard time getting inspiration to write some new songs..I think that has finally passed! Last night I was watching a movie and a line from The Secret Handshake song "Little Song" came in my head and it says "I wanna write the soundtrack to your life and live it with you." I thought instead of trying to write songs, I should write an album. A lot of artists albums today are based around 4 songs or "singles" and the rest is filler...it's rather sad, and it's part of what is killing music sales, not just piracy.

I am going to write an album with the working title "The Soundtrack To Our Lives" and each song is going to be like a chapter in a couples lives. Probably starting out with a song about meeting in high school, college, a song about deciding if she's the one for him, etc and all the way through the "average" life milestones.

I have to say, I am HIGHLY excited about this, I'm finally getting back into the groove and have some good things to come!!

If you're unfamiliar with some of my past work, this is a song I wrote about the attack on Virginia Tech, it has the lyrics and by most is regarded as my best work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's great!