Monday, September 8, 2008

VMA Thoughts...Who watches MTV anymore?

If you remember the line in my "Swingers Confessional" video - I said, "If MTV doesn't play music anymore, I guess it's just TV."

And that's exactly what it is. I don't know why they have a "Video Music Awards" show when they don't even play music videos. In my mind, that's like CMT (Country Music Television) playing reruns of Rob and Big.

The VMA's were a big scam, obviously by Britney Spears winning 3 "awards" (not too big of honors, obviously) for the "Piece of Me" video which is far from being a good video. The obvious reason behind her winning is so they could get her on there to make a fool of herself again and gain them ratings. Same reason behind their embarrassing host that EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT...He did exactly what they wanted him to do, tell me you haven't searched youtube for some of his remarks now.

And of course Miley Cyrus didn't win "best new artist" besides the fact that she definitely isn't, she's Disney's cash cow and they can't have her, so why give her face time when they can give it to the band with the freakishly dedicated following, Tokio Hotel.

So beyond his awful remarks about OUR President, his jokes about purity rings, and whatever else he may have said that I didn't hear, the awards themselves sucked. And I have to give MAJOR props to Jordin Sparks, because it was pretty brave of her to say something. She's a great role model, talented singer, and very good looking, but she's no Britney Spears, so don't give her an award...

So what'd YOU think? Were his comments just "comedy" or were they real jabs at America? Does Britney DESERVE any awards for that video? Is MTV just a joke these days?

Just for you MTV, here's two excellent videos, with great songs, from talented artists....1,000,000,000,000 times better than "Piece of Me."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8khHqMntkbQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHTsc9PU2A

BTW, I didn't watch the VMA's.

10 comments:

Justin said...

I competely agree that they were an epic fail. I had never heard of the host and then I remembered that he was in Forgetting Sarah Marshall(which reminds me i have to watch it). His jokes were not funny and I wanted to kill myself.

Britney winning just MTV's way to trying to get her in everyones good books again. Her song definately should not have beaten out the JB's even though I hate them too. Thats why I don't even watch music channels. I just decided to watch it because everyone else was.

thatzak said...

surprisingly, they actually didn't make a fool of Brittney Spears. She didn't say anything or do anything stupid.

Tokio Hotel winning was the highlight of the show for me. I voted 35 times.

I did watch the VMAs

Anonymous said...

the only reason i watched the VMAs was because i wanted to see tokio hotel win at least one award... as i was watching it the beginning wasnt anything special...then came about this dude ive never even heard of before comes prancing on trashing the promise rings/jonas brothers (im not a fan of em but even i knew the jokes werent funny) and he trashed bush and started praising obama... i mean common it was kinda uncalled for... ha ha and when the camera took a close up of this one celeb u could tell she was really not happy, shaking her head... i was like ok u can shutup now.. once he finally did, the rest of the show didnt go anybetter.. to me the only live show that was kinda worth watching was pink... even that didnt float my boat... and honestly when i heard brittney won i thought it was a joke, this is why i dont whatch mtv and wont watch tv.. its fake

SincerelyKimmi said...

Tokio Hotel. <3
That would be the only reason I would have watched, but I was too busy with doing nothing.
I was thrilled not only that they won Best New Artist but also that they beat out Miley Cyrus! Eee!
I was totally flipping out when I found out.
I don't know who else won what else, but yeah.

Anonymous said...

I wish I hadn't watched them. That guy was a douche. And what was with Rianna and lil' wayne getting to perform twice. That is Bullshit. 90% of the live performances were rap! Like I said... Bullshit. Let's give the stage to some people with talent. I am not a huge fan of the Jonas brothers or Paramore. But they were bands. And that's what they need more of.

Anonymous said...

Oh, AND what was with the tokio hotel thing. I have never heard them but they all looked like douches.

Alexm141 said...

Its me by the way, alexm141. Love you, sweets.

Unknown said...

yea it was a scam but the mtv crowd is invested in seeing her comeback so they had to do it.

and ur so right on about the miley thing

i think the host was performing his comedy and mabye it traslates better over in the uk but i thought it was just awful. i'm no fan of bush but i felt pretty insulted and put off by almost everything he was saying.

ps love the i'm yours video

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch but I'm sure it was the same MTV pant load. Promoting the flavor of the week. I'm sure that mental midget Lil Wayne got ton of props. Spears winning 3 awards what is this 1999?(I kinda wish it was) I've never heard of Tokio Hotel or the host but I heard the host was a joke. I did not watch the VMA! also I must say nice blog!

ashlea014 said...

the show was kinda boring.and as for the purity ring jokes,can't celebrities take jokes anymore?